Friday, March 19, 2010

17 days

yes, it's been 17 days since we got here. How time flies indeed. A couple friend joined us here last Tuesday so we are now four in the team.

Right now we are on rest (3 days), we like to call it holiday althought it was not. We can not go to the village for security reasons but we are praying and hoping that the school will resume on Monday. We still have to do the mini olympic and the shuffle dance contest for the kids. The kids were all excited about this when we told them about it. There would be prices and carmel is planning to cook for them a special food next week. If you see the energy of these kids, they can be your source of natural testosterone, they boost your energy too somehow.

So far, I've already explored the town, this is just a small town where everyone seems to know everyone, we've gone to all the supermarkets and finally we've tried the famous "nasi goreng" tonight. A local worker treated us for dinner. Praise God for his life!!

I've learn a lot for the 17 days and I know I've still lot of things to learn in our remaining days. I'm still writing them on my journal and hopefully will be able to post them once I get back.

Be safe evryone!

No comments: