Friday, January 15, 2010

Preparing for Sunday morning service

I read a good article/devotional yesterday. And because I read it while I am in the office, I printed it out and shared it to dear husband last night. I just feel it's very timely for us and I know we need it.

The article talks about preparing for Sunday morning service. You see, I have this very bad habit of staying up late during weekends and so most of the time I am having hard time waking up early for Sunday Service, though I am very very seldom late for the worship service proper, I am always late for the prayer and pre-worship before the service. I feel bad because our Pastor asked or rather required us to be there because we are part of the music team.

Now, on that article the author said on Item number

5: Rest long enough Saturday night to be alert and hopeful Sunday morning.

Not that I do not know it but I admit I often take it for granted, I think that Sunday worship begins Sunday morning but nope I was wrong, it should start Saturday night. The author also said that " without sufficient sleep, our minds are dull, our emotions are flat, our proneness to depression is higher, and our fuses are short.

Now, the husband and I made resolutions that we will never sleep late again on Saturday night except for unavoidable circumstances but for now, no more movies, no more internet surfing, no more facebook on Saturday evening, instead we will just meditate on God's word and pray and maybe put on some night cream and sleep.

If you want to read the whole article, you can find it here.

No comments: