Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How much is one's soul?


JESUS our savior paid it with his life. His life is priceless because HE is the only son of GOD the Father and HE loved him deeply and yet HE gave him up for us. 

It is very very clear in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world..that HE gave His only begotten Son..."

So therefore we Christians and believers of Christ should not also put a "tag price" on one's soul. Souls are important to HIM and HE wants everyone to be save and live with HIM in eternity. 

Luke 15:7 says " I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent"

I understand one sinner who repents....

And  why am I  writing this? because I can't get over with the comment I read about a youth camp last Sunday. I do not exactly remember the words but it says something like this " The souls brought to the Lord does not compensate with the expenses made"

I almost cried when I read that..I wanted to cry because of the fact that the ones who made such comments are not mere Christians but Leaders and Pastors.

So my question ( and really I want to ask them this given the chance) is how much should a church or organization spend for a soul? Fifty pesos per soul? One Hundred pesos per soul? One Thousand per soul?

It is so sad that money counts a lot and that churches are not willing to spend much for the salvation of one sinner...

While JESUS gave HIS everything including HIS very own life.





No comments: