Thursday, July 21, 2011

Education

I'm speaking in a youth gathering of our church on Sunday afternoon and was asked to talk about the importance of Education, the people in our church knows that education for all is my advocacy thus our group (young professionals) few years ago organized a scholarship program for less fortunate but deserving youth, the aim is to help them finish school and get a better chance of having a good job and a good life. Getting an education is like having trophies or medals and plaques and no one can snatch that from you.

This has been my ministry since then, and God has put this in my heart in remembrance and in gratefulness because I was once a recipient of some kind of educational assistance to from a Christian missionary when I was still in high school. If not of that assistance I may not even finish high school.

I've posted a poster of our current scholars on my previous blog entry and I'm encouraging you to please take a look at it.

I'm thankful God can use us all as the extension of his hands here on earth.

For more Thankful Thursday entry, please head on to Lynn's site.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Thank you for your contribution to improve the lives of others. You show us how to learn from what we've been given.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a fantastic ministry. Blessings and strength. May the Lord expand your reach beyond your wildest dreams. Neat.

Happy TT. Rejoicing in the Lord with you, Lynn