Friday, February 19, 2010

7 days of prayer and fasting

"Consecrate a fast, proclaim a solemn assembly; gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land to the house of the Lord your God, and cry out to the Lord"
Joel 1: 14

My husband and I finally attended the preparation teaching/seminar for the 7 days of fasting and prayer that our church will conduct next week. This will begin Monday (Feb.22) and will last until Sunday (Feb.28)

The timing of the fasting week is perfect because I'll be off from work then, and when you are fasting you should lessen your physical activities right? And this is the time where we (my husband and I) need to seek God more because of our upcoming mission trip. I feel not doing it at first but after tonight's teaching..I am quite sure God wants me to fast this week. God expects us to fast.

So I'll be writing a post update about it here everyday.And will be posting some teachings and quotes about fasting too. Tomorrow I'll post the reason why we should fast and some health benefits too, I tell you fasting is a natural way to lose weight, no need for phentermine or any weight loss pills but if your motive is to only lose weight then you beat the purpose, because fasting should be more on seeking God and desiring to be closer to Him.

I'll see you all tomorrow. God bless everyone!


No comments: