Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Never pay back evil with more evil

image credit : joyshope
Sharing the devotional text I received this morning;


~*~*~*~*
 Romans 12:17
New Living Translation (NLT)

"Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable"

It happens fairly often, someone will be inconsiderate or mistreat you. In that split moment you have  one of two options. You can choose to return evil or you c an be honorable. Your response is a reflection of how you view God. If you think God will stand by and let this go unnoticed, you will respond with evil. Or if you believe God's righteous anger will pay them back, you will respond honorably and leave the rest up to God. How will you choose to respond in the moment you face mistreatment?
  ~*~*~*~*

I know easier said than done, just last month, my mom was mistreated (physically and emotionally) and we were badly hurt as we are still grieving from the loss of my father, my first instinct was to go and  repay what I think they deserve, because at that moment, I was angry and is really mad. the same with my only brother, we even have to hide all the knives, safety cutters and sharp objects in the house because we were afraid he might do something really bad because we were that hurt.

Good thing though, I held my tongue and just cried and cried to the Lord. Now, they already asked forgiveness from my mom and we've forgiven them and is in the process of forgetting what have happened. After all, God s aid we should forgive seventy times seven times right?

Do you feel you are being mistreated? don't worry, our God is a just God and I'm sure He knows what you are going through, just keep on honoring Him and He will do what is right.

Have a blessed morning everyone!



  

No comments: