Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 5 and mission update

Today is the 5th day of our prayer and fasting. So far so good, been hungry most of the time and the worst is the craving for coffee but I'm good, this was my first time of fasting for that long but I don't regret it.

I've been praying hard for the mission trip to Malaysia, I have my ticket already and we're set to leave on Wednesday March 03. There has been lots of struggles and challenges and sometimes I get to think like when I'm in the middle of it.."should I still go Lord? or should I just get back to my work, to my comfort zone and live as normal as it can be"

I doubted, I cried, I worried ( a lot) but you know what at the end of the day, it's God words and promise that prevails. He wants us to go we're sure of that and when He send us I'm sure He'll send provision (and peace as well).

Right now, dear husband has no ticket yet, and I do not know when he's gonna get his ticket. The one who promised them the tickets back outs on the last minute and it's very frustrating, well If I can only use virtual credit cards I'll buy him this very minute. But you know what? he's not worried, he knew in his heart that he'll have his ticket before we leave on Wednesday.

Another thing (that caused me more headaches and heartaches) is that the band that is supposed to go on this trip is not going now. God only knows the reason and no one is to blame I know. After spending monies on prepaid cards and lots of overseas phone calls, our effort is still futile so the band decided not to go anymore for lack of funds (tickets are not cheap). So we have to let go and let God.

Actually that led me to ask God if He really wants us to go, been asking Him every night but been getting the same answer. If not now, when? So amidst the challenges, I'd still say yes Lord, we will go.

The only thing that worries me now really is my husband's ticket, In my thoughts we should book it now because it will even get pricey when the date is near so my logic tells me that we should get him a ticket now, but who will pay for it? where will we get the money for it? But God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts right? I cannot dictate God because HE exactly knows what HE is doing and I've got to trust that He will give us my husband's ticket sooner. I don't know ig He'll use someone or somebody I know or use someones virtual credit cards. I just got to trust Him that He will do it.

And hopefully I will be able to sleep soundly tonight like my husband does. I can hear him so deep in his sleep. I wish I can have a faith like him.

No comments: