Friday, October 24, 2008

Updates on our fundraising concert

It's Friday once again! and If I'm not mistaken 62 days to go before Christmas. How time flies no? It's been a rough week for me but it's a good one. Last night I really felt God's comfort during our personal worship. I cried and told HIM all the hurts of these church issues and He lead us into worshiping HIM instead of magnifying the issues and all. We were so glad with that. Sometimes it is hard to forgive when you are still hurting but we really cannot do it alone, we need GOD so we could forgive and let go and moved on. It is so comforting to know that we have a God whom we can always come to. MAGNIFICENT AND AWESOME GOD.

I don't know what to expect this weekend, Hubby will go to Laguna for the ALS test. I have second thoughts of joining them because I have lots of ministry works to do. We were scheduled to distribute tickets for the concert this Sunday as well as the posters but we haven't finished even the lay out yet.

I was basically on the phone the whole afternoon making follow ups in the venue, and then the Mayors Permit and then to the treasury department of the Pasay City Hall. I was like overwhelmed with the huge task of organizing this concert. Good thing I was motivated of the needs of the beneficiaries of this event and I'm sure they will be very happy when they received this just in time for Christmas.

I'll be posting updates for the concert from time to time and if you feel like you want to help, you can contact me through the comment section. The ticket for the concert is only 150.00. If you think of it, it's only one happy meal or one budget meal from Jollibee or Mcdonalds. It won't be easy to give up on that for once and give the amount to the less fortunate kids right?

Oh well, this has been a long post. If you guys want to know what ministry we were working with you may visit the International Teams Philippines website and click on the Ministries and then click Fishnets under Urban Poor ministries. OR just follow this link; http://www.itphilippines.org/ministries/fishnets.htm.

No comments: